The internet has completely broken down all of the old barriers to building a business, and now we live in the most competitive business environment in human history.
You have to be on top of your game when it comes to making the most of your online presence, and a big part of that is leveraging all of the different online tools and technologies available. A speedy web connection is a must have these days, but you also have to be able to connect each of your devices to your network securely – and that means investing in a top quality router that provides a solid signal no matter where that device is in your home or office.
In order to help you find the very best routers under $100 – routers that offer a business person or online marketing like you all of the features you’d get out of commercial routers that cost a whole lot more than $100 – we’ve put together this quick guide.
Let’s dive right in!
#1 – TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
- Tons of bandwidth so that you can support multiple devices on your network
- Top grade security and encryption for safe browsing and business use
- Guest Network Access to keep your business and personal connections separate
- Kind of tough to setup properly if you’re not a tech geek
- Needs to be centrally located in your home or office for the best signal strength
- Not as many features “out of the box” as other options
One of the most impressive routers at this price point, you’re going to find this TP-LINK option to fit almost all of your business needs without every threatening to break your bank account.
Safe, secure, and capable of supporting a bunch of different devices without any degradation in speed or performance, those looking for a topflight and inexpensive business router are going to want to dig a little deeper into everything this option brings to the table.
#2 – NETGEAR N750 Dual Band 4 Port Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
- Lightning fast speeds up to 750 Mbps over a wireless network
- Effortless setup, even if you haven’t set up a router before
- You can’t beat the price!
- Not quite as feature rich as other premium business routers
- DNLA setup requires a bit of extra work
- Port Forwarding can be a challenge
Another one of the best WiFi router under $100 options you’ll come across these days, NETGEAR has an amazing reputation in the residential and commercial tech worlds for providing secure, speedy, and easy to setup systems to one and all.
This device has plenty of power, offering speeds up to 750 Mbps over WiFi, but also allows you to hard wire multiple devices through the Ethernet ports on the back of the system if you’re looking for even more speed, security, and stability.
#3 – SecuriFi Almond 2015
- Super simple and straightforward setup
- Touchscreen command module makes administration a breeze
- Powerful signal booster spreads “WiFi net” all over your home or office
- Third party administration programs aren’t as easy to install as they should be
- Guest networking mode isn’t effortless to use
- Large LED touchscreen is going to light up the entire room, even if it’s the only source of light
One of the newest contenders for the title of “Best wireless router under $100”, this touchscreen enabled solution is going to be really attractive for folks that don’t want to have to fiddle around with in-depth tech setup programs.
The range extender included in this router is also a game changer in every sense of the word. You’ll be able to blanket your entire home or office with a perfectly crystal clear web of WiFi, keeping the signal strong and secure around the clock.
#4 – TP-LINK TL-R600VPN Gigabit Broadband VPN Router
- If you’re looking for extreme speed and powerful performance, it doesn’t get better than the 1 Gigabit WAN and 4 Gigabit LAN speeds available with this router
- Full support for IPsec/PPTP VPN protocols and more than 30 combined security tunnels
- SPI Firewall support protects you from internet attacks on a 24/7 basis
- Can be a challenge to setup right and administer right off the bat (though the learning curve is really short)
- Network range isn’t quite as expansive as routers with built in antennas
- Perfect for business setups, it’s a bit overkill for home offices
Certainly one of the best routers under 100 today, this is a picture perfect unit for those that want to be sure their business network is safe, secure, and totally robust. This top end option has all the built in security features you’re looking for, as well as plenty of administration tools to have total control over your network.
Setup can be a challenge, but at the end of the day this is something really special – especially as far as routers under $100 are concerned!
#5 – Linksys E2500 Advanced Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router
- Sleek, smooth, and compact for installation most anywhere you can imagine
- Full body router antenna makes sure your whole home or office is blanketed with WiFi coverage
- Speed and security settings can be tweaked, modified, and expanded upon without any trouble
- Linksys support can be a bit hit or miss
- Guest networking is a bit of a challenge to setup on both bands right out of the box
- Four Ethernet ports limit your hardwired connections
With so many different options available on the market today, many of them among the best routers under $100, you have to make sure you’re moving forward with a fast, secure, and capable piece of hardware.
This option from Linksys is all of those things – even if the support behind it is a little lackluster. There may be better options to pick and choose from, but this remains one of the best wireless router under $100 options you’ll have the chance to grab today.